Location: “Bellfields” is located in the tightly held Gowrie district, approximately 37 km south of the Tamworth CBD via the New England Highway or 32 km via Gowrie Road. Access from both Drains Lane and Carora Lane.
Land Area: 544.6 hectares or 1,346 acres.
Country Type: Very well balanced property with easterly fall comprising arable and contoured slopes, running to soft valley and sheltered hill grazing, part steep. Soils are productive red to chocolate basalt and clay loams. Tropical and native grasses are supplemented by rotational summer and winter forage & fodder crops. Timber is predominantly White & Yellow Box and Gum.
Water: Excellent water supply from bore equipped with electric submersible pump and 2nd bore equipped with solar submersible supplying four header tanks with over 230,000 litres of storage, reticulating to approximately 25 new concrete troughs throughout the property. In addition there are approximately 15 dams with reliable catchment. Indicative median annual rainfall of 775mm.
Fencing: The property is subdivided into approximately 18 main grazing paddocks in addition to 9 new bull paddocks with laneway system leading to the cattle yards. There has been significant expenditure on new fencing over the last two years to improve functionality, presentation and ease of management.
– New five bay steel frame machinery shed with concrete floor;
– New steel cattle yards with loading ramp, drafting race with walkway, crush, covered work area, six yards and drafting pound;
– 2 x steel frame hay / machinery sheds
– Steel sheep yards
– Colorbond cabin, detached single garage and amenities building.
– Note: “Bellfields” does not have a residence although the property has a building entitlement, and a residence can be built subject to development consent. Electricity is connected in addition to a solar system mounted on the two hay / machinery sheds.
A huge amount of work has been put into this property over the last 12-18 months, most notably the fencing, water infrastructure, improving accessibility, clearing of regrowth areas and addition of shedding and yards. The property has been carrying approximately 230 cows in what has been a below average season. The opportunity now exists for an astute purchaser to hit the ground running with all the hard work having been done.