Sitting proudly across the plateau of the first Moonbi Hill, this 176 hectare property is one of the best kept secrets in the district – offering complete privacy, unparalleled views and modern country style living.
The Moonbi Range provides a stunning backdrop to the residence that has been beautifully positioned and creatively designed to capitalise on the endless valley views. Completely renovated in 2016, the residence offers five bedrooms plus office:-
- Master suite includes walk in robe and generous ensuite with freestanding bath
- Light filled open plan kitchen / living featuring Sydney Blue Gum timber flooring; glass stacking doors providing uninterrupted views and easy transition from indoor to outdoor living; bespoke recycled timber island bench; stone benchtops; Miele and Ilve stainless steel appliances; slow combustion wood heater
- Separate TV / media room
- Built in robes to all secondary bedrooms
- Travertine tiles through entry, hallways and bathroom areas
- Covered timber deck with superb elevated views down the valley
- Covered concrete pergola and open brick paved fire pit area
- Established mature low maintenance garden
- 10.5 metre inground swimming pool (installed 2018) with in-floor cleaning system
- 13.2 kilowatt solar system
The property comprises undulating, open to lightly timbered grazing, rising to mountainous country and higher plateau grazing. Soils are predominantly granite with basalt intrusions, and main timber species are Box, Apple, Stringybark, Kurrajong and Native Fig Trees. The property is fenced into 9 main paddocks plus smaller holding paddocks.
The property is well watered from a bore supplying header tank and 7 troughs, in addition to 4 dams and spring fed gullies. The residence is supplied by over 100,000 litres of rainwater tank storage.
Extensive infrastructure compliments the main improvements:-
- 5m x 8m machinery shed, two bays concreted, power and lighting, sliding door access
- Shearing shed converted to self-contained living accommodation including kitchen, bathroom, living room and separate bedroom
- Basic stables and round yard
- Steel and timber cattle yards
- Shelter sheds
“Fig Trees” represents a fantastic lifestyle opportunity offering a private sanctuary that combines modern country living, stunning views and low input grazing – all within an easy commute to Tamworth via the New England Highway.
*Agent declares an interest