As Tamworth continues to expand, acreage on the edge of Tamworth is becoming increasingly difficult to find. But that’s not only what makes “Lindsay House” so unique, it’s also the masterbuilt homestead and accompanying improvements that makes this one of the premier small acreage offerings in recent times.
“Lindsay House” is 6.88 hectares, or 17 acres, and is situated within the town boundary on the southern fringe of Tamworth, approximately 8 km to the CBD and only 2 km to the Australian Equine & Livestock Events Centre. The property is connected to town water, has bitumen sealed access, and benefits from elevated north easterly aspect offering scenic town and district views.
Set amongst landscaped gardens is the spacious brick & tile homestead, which boasts the following main features:-
- Five bedroom accommodation
- Huge master bedroom with ensuite and verandah access
- Separate toilet to main bathroom and 3rdtoilet off laundry
- Separate lounge, family and dining rooms, plus large entry / foyer
- Large updated kitchen with walk in pantry
- Built in robes to four bedrooms
- 9 foot ceilings (2.74m) with opulent chandelier light fittings in main living areas
- Excellent natural light from oversized timber windows extending to the floor and skylights in the hallway
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout and open fireplace in lounge room
- Surrounding 2.3 m paved verandah on all sides
- New floor coverings and fresh paintwork throughout
Ideally located in front of the homestead is the in-ground pool with surrounding timber decking and powder-coated fencing. Perfect for warm weather entertaining while taking in the views. Car accommodation is plentiful, including detached brick double garage, separate colorbond double garage and higher clearance shed ideal for parking a caravan, horse float or small truck. Also included is a steel panel round yard.
Looking for water? This property has town water, bore equipped with electric submersible pump and constant pressure system, 72,000 litre of rainwater storage and one dam.
There is a large L shaped paddock plus 2 acre house yard, and the steel post / netting fencing is in very good order. The newly constructed Ironbark post & rail entry to the property is an impressive finishing touch.
If all of that is not enough, the property has been earmarked in the South Tamworth Rural Lands Master Plan by Tamworth Regional Council for future large lot residential subdivision, providing a great landbanking opportunity or comfort in the knowledge that this will always be an extremely sought after parcel of land.
Inspection is strongly recommended and by appointment with agent only. The property is being offered by Expressions of Interest ending Friday June 15 at 5pm.